We represent target and acquiring companies in small and large mergers and acquisitions. Our M&A group is highly experienced and we staff transactions with efficient teams that deliver cost-effective results. We have handled transactions ranging in size from $1 million to $250 million in enterprise value. Our services include:
- Deal Structuring and Planning
- Letter of Intent Negotiation
- Due Diligence
- Securities Compliance
- Merger and Acquisition Agreements
- Post-Transaction Dispute Resolution
MBV Partners Bill Mandel and Laura Howard are the authors of ‘Merger, Merger Everywhere‘, the feature article in the Winter/Spring 2012 issue of the ACEC CA trade magazine, Engineering and Surveying Business Review.
Representative M&A Transactions 2008-2010
As follows is a representative sampling of the transactions that the MBV M&A group worked on from 2008-2010. Transaction size ranges from $1M to $105M. One transaction was for consideration in excess of $100M, three transactions were for consideration in excess of $45M, and the balance of the matters were for under $45M.
Please see Additional Representative M&A Transactions for a more comprehensive listing.
- Sale of West Coast environmental consulting firm (merger) to a publicly traded consulting firm. MBV represented seller.
Consideration: $50M Cash
- Sale of winery assets to a London-based international liquor distribution firm. MBV represented seller.
Consideration: $105M Cash
- Sale of Ohio-based lighting supply company to private equity fund. MBV represented seller.
Consideration: $50M Cash, stock and notes of buyer
- Sale of $100+ million art supply distributor to ESOP. MBV represented seller.
Consideration: Cash and notes of buyer
- Sale of French internet company (stock sale) to California based entity. MBV represented buyer.
Consideration: Cash plus license of IP
- Sale of Delaware technology company (asset sale) to UK technology company. MBV represented buyer.
Consideration: management buyout with assumption of liabilities and services agreements and patent portfolio