February 15, 2012 American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Webinar
Wage and Hour Issues in Today’s A/E Industry
Wage and hour issues – including who is entitled to receive overtime premium pay, as well as definitions of mandatory meal and rest periods – have become the basis for a growing number of lawsuits nationwide, including large class action and representative lawsuits.
In an invaluable new webinar on February 15, Eli Gould, MBV Law, will explain in detail the current exempt and non-exempt designations for employees, and:
• Discuss the rights of employees who are not exempted from state or federal wage and hour rules (“non-exempt” employees)
• Review the rights that exempted (“exempt employees”) do not have
• Cover the various exemptions that may be available to A/E employers
• Dissect the available exemptions and the specific requirements of each
• Explore some of the exempt/non-exempt issues prevalent in the A/E industry
• Discuss ways to lessen your firm’s risk in the event of a lawsuit
• Address specific questions on wage and hour issues
Avoid unnecessary risk with this webinar that defines and explains exempt and non-exempt designations and how they apply to employees. To register and for more information, please click here.
February 15, 2012
1:30 PM – 3:00 PM (EST)